Are you a teacher or administrator interested in transforming a school day into an unforgettable experience?
Do you want your conferees to leave your event inspired?
Consider inviting me to keynote your conference, speak at your school, or appear at your school/library event!
Whether you’re looking for a large group presenter, or a small group workshop leader, (or you have an entirely different need. . .surprise me!) invite me to your school or event and watch students and professionals alike respond to a message of hope and motivation described as "truly transformational!"
“Your energy, insight, and passion were eye-opening and restoring for the teachers and students. I know they were for me! The students were as inspired and grateful as I was!” (First Lady of Wisconsin, Jessica Doyle)
“I've never laughed and cried so much in one hour as when I first heard Jonathan speak. You are in for a treat!” (Dr. Sheldon Braaten, PhD.—Director, Behavioral Institute of Children and Adolescents)
“The inspiration you provided our staff, and most importantly the students, will stay with us! We all had only high praise for the morning’s assembly—your stories were a perfect mix to reach us adults, and the kids.” (The Staff of HLWW Middle School)
High schools presentations/workshops often include the following topics:
- A life with Tourette Syndrome: A personal story of hope
- True Fiction: The writing of JERK, CALIFORNIA
- Bullying, ostracism and hope
- Overcoming--you can write a different story
- Honing your writing craft (for motivated writers)
- Developing powerful characters
- Writing with emotion
- So you hate to write, huh? (for resistant writers)
- Turning struggles into great stories
- Get it out! (developed specifically for large audiences)
- Small group mentoring clinics
- Reaching the young adult heart (specifically designed for writing/literature teachers!)
“I am spellbound!” (ESL Para/Teacher)
“Jonathan was engaging and brought me to tears more than once; his story is the story of my life, of my children’s life, and is the reason I entered this career. He was fabulous!” (Inclusion Specialist)
“You had a huge impact on my daughter during a time of early teen ups and downs! I appreciate your influence on her life.” (Parent)
“A powerful insight into the minds of those I see every day.” (Special Ed. Assistant)
“You touched so many lives with your stories, ideas, and personal experiences. Your presentations were the highlight of my school year!” (Media Specialist)
Middle School and Elementary presentations/workshops include versions of the above, as well as:
- Do not quit!
- Let’s write a book, together
- You have a story
- Do you feel different? Write it out!
I also speak to educators and professional organizations on a variety of issues, drawing from fourteen years of public school teaching experience and a life lived with Tourette Syndome:
- Ostracism and isolation, drawing from my own experiences with Tourette’s Syndrome, O/CD and E/BD. (Emotional and Motivational!)
- When good intentions have unintended results
- Tell them the messages they must hear
- Relational Teaching—Being the net when the system fails
- Unteaching—A new vision
- Room to dream
- And many more . . .
If you want a lecturer, I’m not your speaker. If how things are is good enough, I’m not your man. But if you want to see a hope-filled difference and be challenged in your own thinking, I’d love to talk to you about a school or conference visit.
I have many literacy and writing helps presentations for parents in addition to those listed above. I love meeting parents! So please consider planning a parent event in addition to those during the school day. Should you decide to bring me to your school, I will send you detailed instructions on how to order copies of my books at wonderful discounts directly from Penguin, USA!
I hope to hear from you soon!